Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to Him who is able to do EXCEEDINGLY ABUNDANTLY ABOVE all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

11/2/11 - Half Way Mark of Treatment

WOW, once again I am going to start this post with a big THANK YOU!!!!!  Thank You to all those identified and anonymous, for all the encouragement and support!  We are absolutely blown away with how you have been so generous in so many ways!  God continues to amaze us daily through each and every one of you and His timing has been more than we can even comprehend - perfect!  God has made it very clear that he hears each and every prayer request and has answered so many in ways we never even imagined as a solution! 

These last two weeks have just flown by in a good way! If I were a good blogger, I would have posted a story each day to share very specifically how God has been answering our prayers, as it truly has been daily that we have been blessed!  Another very specific way has been answering our prayers is by putting individuals in our path who have also struggled with esophageal cancer and are survivors today!  Yes, I still owe you a separate blog on that one as it's been so awesome!  And, God continues to reveal His glory through this trial.

So, I am officially to the half way mark of treatment!  3 weeks of radiation and 3 treatments of chemo down and 3 more weeks of each to go - bringing our finish line to the day before Thanksgiving.  By God's grace and the Holy Spirit's strength, I haven't felt as impacted by side effects as much as they had prepared me to be.  It's ALL GOD!  Being at the mid-point, they keep telling me this is when things will start to add up and become much tougher of a battle.  I continue to take each day as a blessing from the Lord and just revel in the strength with which He has given me, fully understanding that it may get much harder or it may not.  We have certainly become more comfortable in uncertainty. 

One of my good friends sent me this a few weeks back after he was reading his daily devotional and I felt I couldn't say it much better.  So rejoice in the fact that we will suffer, whether great or small and all relative to the one going through the suffering, but find peace knowing there is only good to come of it, whether mine our yours or someone else close to you.

"Be prepared to suffer for Me, in My Name.  All suffering has meaning in My kingdom.  Pain and problems are opportunities to demonstrate your trust in Me.  Bearing your circumstances bravely--even thanking Me for them--is one of the highest forms of praise.  This sacrifice of thanksgiving rings golden-toned bells of joy throughout heavenly realms.  On earth also, your patient suffering sends out ripples of good tidings in ever-widening circles. 
 
When suffering strikes, remember that I am sovereign and that I can bring good out of everything.  Do not try to run from pain or hide from problems.  Instead, accept adversity in My Name, offering it up to Me for My purposes.  Thus, your suffering gains meaning and draws you closer to Me.  Joy emerges from the ashes of adversity through your trust and thankfulness."
 
Romans 5:3-5 "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
The Holy Spirit has placed a peace that passes all understanding over us that is only described by God's power and grace through both cancers.  We as a family have enjoyed that blessing, which has let us pursue and find joy in all that is put before us and ultimately have grown closer to God, as a couple and as a family. 

You'll continue to see our prayer requests at the bottom of the blog and we can't thank you enough for ALL your prayers.  There is not doubt God is listening, answering clearly and frequently, and working His perfect plan.  We are definitely feeling and experiencing God's blessings and continued to be amazed at how he is using those of you here on earth to love us in a way we never knew was possible.   Thank You so very much!

Trust in Him
God Bless!
Jason

7 comments:

  1. Jason,

    As always, we are sending you so much love. Much more than fits inside this tiny little comment box ;)

    Stay strong dear friend!

    Lisa & Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shiva (Davis) ScottiNovember 2, 2011 at 5:44 PM

    You guys are amazing. While I haven't met you yet, Jas, you are exactly the type of man I would've expected Megan to end up with! We were teammates way back when in Junior Olympic volleyball and I remember her as, literally, NEVER having a bad word or thought to say about ANYTHING or anyone - she was SUCH an amazing teammate to me and it sounds like she's keeping that same theme up with you and Taylor.

    We are fervently praying for your comfort, strength, healing and sending lots of love and hugs to you all! Kisses to Taylor too, she's a doll!

    Love,
    Shiva (Davis) Scotti (+ hubby Mike, and kiddos Myles and Maxx).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason, you blow me away. The strenght you have is an asperation to me. My love goes out to you and your great family. I miss you guys and we live so close. What can I do to help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a stage 4 Non-hodgkins survivor I say welcome to the survivor's club. Keep up the good fight. You can connect to many more esophageal cancer survivors on cancercompass.net.If I can help you with any other resources, please let me know.
    With Love and Gratitude,
    Casey Eldrredge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason and Megan,
    We love you guys and you are always in our prayers. Your strength and faith are truly an inspiration to us. You are amazing.

    Love,
    Robert, Erin, Addison, and Aidan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was deeply impacted by your faith. May God bless you and your family. I pray God will wrap his loving arms around you as only he can. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear things are going well for you Jason. I visit this site a few times a week to keep up on the news. You are a very strong person and are dealing with this in such a positive way its unbelievable way. Keep on fighting even when you have bad days. I have no doubt in my mind you will make it through this battle. I hope you, your wife and your daughter have a great upcoming holiday season. Get well soon buddy and God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete